This recipe makes a large batch for a party. If you love mushrooms make these to keep eat over a few days.
- 3, 8 Oz. Packages of Whole Baby Bella or White Mushrooms (Try to select bite-sized mushrooms if some in the package are very large I half them to create a bite-size).
- 1 Cup Red Onion
- ½ Cup of White Vinegar
- ½ Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
⅓ Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced (optional)
- Fill a pot with water
- Add mushrooms to the water and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer with the lid off for 3 minutes.
- Scoop out the mushrooms with a slotted spoon
- Plunge the mushrooms into a bowl of ice water.
- In your jar combine the white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and salt.
- the raw onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning
- When the mushrooms are cooled add to your Mason jar
- Fill jar and gently shake with all the ingredients.
- Put on the lid and shake gently to incorporate all the seasoning
Can eat after 2 hours and can last for several days in the refrigerator, covered tightly. Make sure the mushrooms are covered. If you need to add a little water or more of the olive oil and vinegar to the already cooked brine.