- 2 Cups Short grain/ Sushi Rice
- 2 Cups water
- 1 ½ Tbl. Sugar
- 2 Tbl. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbl. Salt
- Rinse rice in a bowl 3 times with water & strain
- In Medium Pot combine Rice and 2 Cups of water, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for another 15 minutes
- Combine sugar, vinegar and salt into a small cup, microwave on high for 35 seconds.
- Shut heat off rice and let stand for another 15 minutes
- Pour the sugar, vinegar mixture over the rice and mix for a few times.
- Lay rice out on a flat baking pan to cool, as soon as the rice is cooled you can start to make your sushi.
** Don’t forget to keep a finger bowl of cool water next to you and dip your fingers to work the rice as needed**