- 1 Packet Active Dry Yeast
- 2 ½ Cups of Warm Water (not boiling)
- 2 Teaspoons of Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 6 Cups Bread/Artisan Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- Pour warm water and sugar into mixing bowl, sprinkle yeast on top of water. Don’t stir, just let it sit on top for approximately 10- 12 minutes. You will start to see it foam on top.
- Add the olive oil, salt and 2 cups of flour, mix together using a dough hook or by hand.
- Continue to add the flour 1 cup at a time (leave approximately ½ cup to the side).
- Continue mixing until the dough is elastic like and there is no more flour in the bowl.
- Empty dough onto a floured surface and knead approximately 15 times and form into a ball.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl (using non-stick spray, or few drops of oil).
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put a warm kitchen towel on top.
- Let it rise for approximately 1 hour, uncover punch down few times and recover for another hour.
- The dough is now ready, cut in half and stretch to desired thickness
- Make sure to use non-stick spray on the pan you intend to use
- Dress pizza up using desired sauce and toppings (We used an Alfredo Sauce) mushrooms, spinach and red bell peppers.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 24-28 minutes