Green Beans w/ Bacon
Watch How To Make It
This recipe is good hot or cold. I prefer them leftover the next day or two as the flavors really blend into the beans.
- 1 Lb Package of Fresh French Green Beans
- 1/4 Lb of Bacon or Ends
- 2-3 Tablespoon Leftover Bacon Grease from Frying the Bacon
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 to a Teaspoon of Salt to Taste
Cook the bacon until crisp. Create bite-sized pieces and set aside on a paper towel to drain.
Put the green beans in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on the size of your beans)
Plunge them into a bowl of ice water and dry them off (this is important since if your beans are wet when the hit the oil you can splatter grease and get burned.
In the same pan that you cooked the bacon use the remaining grease, saute the green beans. Bring the oil back up to temperature before dropping the beans.
Test by dropping one bean, when it sizzles drop the rest.
Add in the spices except for the salt
Move around in the pan and saute until you can hold a bean upright and it bends slightly.
Move to a bowl and mix in the vinegar
Taste and add salt and additional spices as needed.