When we were growing up we hated Brussel sprouts and no wonder why. These little baby green cabbages were always prepared boiled and tasteless. Fast forward to today where we simply roast them instead of boiling them. Now we have another green vegetable that can be added to our favorites list. Kick them up using this recipe with bacon and brown sugar and you will want to scarf down the whole plate!
- 3 Lbs. of Fresh Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Strips of Bacon Raw (diced)
- ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- ½ Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅛ Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Pepper
- Cut the stem off the Brussel sprouts and then cut them in half across the stem.
- Add the Brussel sprouts to a bowl and toss with olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay Brussel sprouts on a sheet pan (flat side down) and sprinkle raw bacon over top.
- Cook for 20 minutes and flip the Brussel sprouts and cook for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve