- 1 and 1/4 Cup of Water
- 1 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 Packet of Bread Yeast (2 if Expired) or .25 Ounces of Beer Yeast
- 3 and 1/4 Cups of Flour (add a tablespoon or 2 more if needed for proper consistency)
- 2 Teaspoons of Sea Salt Plus 1 Teaspoon Reserved for Over the Vegetables
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil Plus 2 Tablespoons Reserved for Over the Vegetables
- Various Cut Vegetables ( I used peppers, onions, tomatoes)
- Various Fresh Herbs ( I used rosemary, oregano, thyme, dill)
- Put the water in a microwave safe bowl and place in microwave for 40 seconds.
- Add the sugar and stir until it has dissolved
- Add the yeast and stir
- Let it sit until it bubbles and gets frothy (approximately 15 minutes)
- Grease a large bowl with the olive oil and set aside
- In another large bowl combine the flour, salt and two tablespoons of olive oil
- Pour in the yeast water
- Mix until you have a formed ball
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until it is gluteny has no more bumps or cracks
- Add the dough to the bowl with the olive oil, cover it with plastic wrap or a towel and let it rise for an hour. Your dough should double in size.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the dough
- Make sure it reaches all the corners of the pan poke little finger ridges all over the top
- Decorate your bread with the vegetables and herbs
- Drizzle the olive oil over vegetable and add your sea salt
- Bake 25 minutes until it is golden on the top and bottom.