Watch How To Make It
- 1 Cup of Cornmeal
- ¾ Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoon ofWhite Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 6 Tablespoons of Butter (melted)
- Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and sugar.
- Mix buttermilk and eggs together, once combined add to dry ingredients above & mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Grease an 8×8 baking pan and pour in the cornbread mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with melted butter and honey on top.
Note: If you want to “kick up” your Cornbread: before putting into the pan to bake, fold in 1 cup cheese and ¼ cup of cooked bacon bits.