Roasted Tomato and Garlic Bisque w Basil and Parmesan
- 2 Large Cans of Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Small Can of Tomato Paste
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Stalks of Celery
- 2 Carrots/or 8 Baby Carrots
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (Roast in the oven @ 400 degrees F for 15 min, drizzle ¼ teaspoon of olive oil)
- 3 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 3 Cups of Half/Half Cream
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (not the cheap stuff from the can)
- 1 Cup Basil Fresh Leaves (pick smaller ones with no marks on them)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- In a cast iron or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil on med/high heat.
- In a food processor, mix the onion, celery, and carrots as fine as you can get them.
- Add the mixture to the pot, cook on medium heat, constantly stirring.
- Add the tomato paste, mix and turn heat to med/low and cook for 10 minutes (don’t burn).
- Add the chicken stock and mix together, add the cans of roasted tomato and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook 10 minutes.
- Add the parmesan, roasted garlic and basil and cook another 40 minutes.
- Taste and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Pour ⅓ mixture in the blender/ninja and blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Continue step above until the soup is smooth and creamy.
Serve with few croutons on top of with a warm cheesy grilled cheese!