- 3 Idaho Potatoes (washed with water)
- 2 Pieces of Bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 1 ½ Cups of Shredded Cheese
- 2 Scallion Sprigs/Green Onion (sliced)
- ½ Cup of Sour Cream
- Oil for Frying
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Bake the potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let them cool and cut in half (width-wise).
- Scoop out the inside leaving the wall on potato ½ inch thick.
- Deep fry in 350-degree F oil for approximately 2 minutes, getting potato shells golden brown and crispy.
- Once done, put on a paper towel, sprinkle salt and pepper on the inside and out of the potato.
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F, now its time to load up the skins.
- Facing the shell up, add cheese and bacon to each potato shell.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted, then sprinkle with fresh scallions and serve with a side of sour cream.