- 14 Lb.Turkey (innards removed)
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Prepared Rub (I used a rub called Sweet Money)
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- Pat the turkey dry.
- (optional) I cut a large part of the backbone out of the turkey with a pair of sturdy kitchen shears made for cutting through shellfish. This is an advanced technique called spatchcocking. If you opt not to do this total cook time may be extended.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a very large bowl and mix.
- Place the turkey in the bowl and rub it down on all sides.
- Smoke for 2 hours using pecan, peach or applewood ( I used pecan).
- Remove from smoker and completely cover it with tin foil.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast at 350 degrees F for 2- and a half more hours until the internal temp reads 160-165 degrees F