- Lobster Body, Legs, Shells
- Shrimp Shells
- Crab Shells
- 1 Onion (rough chop)
- 2 Carrots (rough chop)
- 2 Celery Stocks (rough chop)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Ground Pepper
- 6-8 Cups of Water
- Place everything into a crockpot.
- Pour approximately 6-8 cups of water on top of the shellfish and vegetable mixture, enough to just cover the top (size of your crock pot will vary how much water you add).
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours.
- Turn the heat off, let cool for 1-2 hours.
- Strain through a very fine strainer to ensure no shells sneak through.
- Cool overnight in the refrigerator.
- Pour the stock in one-gallon size freezer bags, but only fill ½ way.
- Double up on the freezer bag and lay flat in your freezer.
- When ready to use simply take out of the freezer and place in cool water or put a bag in a large bowl to defrost.
Dishes that you can use with your seafood stock
- Seafood Newburg
- Seafood Risotto