- 2 Racks of Lamb
- 3 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- ½ Cup of Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ Cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary (minced)
- 3 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme (minced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- In a frying pan add the oil and turn the heat to high.
- Rub salt, pepper, and ½ of the minced garlic all over the lamb (top and bottom).
- Place the lamb in the pan, turn the heat down to medium and sear on all sides (approx 3-4 min).
- Remove lamb and place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub Dijon mustard all over the lamb.
- In a small bowl, combine both types of bread crumbs, remaining garlic, rosemary, thyme, and little more salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the lamb, the dijon mustard will help it to stick. Scoop and pat the crumbs all over the lamb.
- Cook in the oven for 15-17 minutes, until the internal temp, is 130 -133 F max, this will make it a nice medium-rare in the middle.
- Remove from heat and allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes, this will bring the temperature up another 5 degrees, which is why you don’t want to overcook in the oven.
- When ready to slice the meat, place the rack of lamb on a cutting board. Hold the bones up to the ceiling and slice down into the meat, following the rib downward.