This is a perfect appetizer for summer or anytime. My neighbors actually made these wonderful little appetizers that allow you to snack guilt free. Salmon is loaded with nutrients and cucumber is hydrating.
- 2 English Cucumbers (peeled and cut into 1″ – 1 and 1/2 circles_
- 8 Ounces of Smoked Salmon (sliced and cut into bite sized strips)
- (1) 8 Ounce Package of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/2 tablespoon Horseradish
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon of Capers( optional)
- Fresh Dill Sprigs for Topping
- Trim ends from cucumbers and cut into bite-sized rounds. Scoop into one side of each with a spoon, forming a small cup. Drain cucumbers, scoop sides down, on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, horseradish and capers if you decided to use them together in a bowl. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture into each cucumber cup. Top each cup with 1 salmon strip and 1 dill sprig.