- 3 Medium Eggs
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- 1 Medium Sized Boule Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet, fry the bacon strips until lightly brown not crisp.
- Remove the bacon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Cut the top off the boule bread and set it aside. Dig out the center of the bread with your hands. Be careful not to tear the crust as this is your bowl.
- Place the bacon in the bread-bowl first, making sure that it is evenly distributed.
- Next, add the spinach leaves.
- Crack your eggs in a separate bowl and add them to the top.
- Cook for 30 minutes until the white has set.
- If you like your egg cooked harder you can place tinfoil over the top of the filled bread bowl and uncover it the last five minutes of cooking.
- Add salt and pepper when serving.
Variation to this recipe can be made in smaller bread bowls with a single egg (adjust cook time slightly)