My friend Christy was the first person to serve this beverage to me at one of her fabulous dinner parties. I tease her and tell her that it is her fault that I am addicted to this juicy, sweet beverage.
When watermelons are in season you will almost always find one sitting on my counter, just waiting to be juiced. I used to make this in the summertime and carry it to the pool. I was always the most popular person when I arrived with this lovely concoction. You can make this kid-friendly or an adult beverage.
- 1 Ripe Watermelon (peeled and cut into chunks, you can use seedless or seeded. I personally find the seeded watermelon to be sweeter which is ideal for this drink.
- Cucumber (optional)
- Mint or Basil (optional)
- A Fine Mesh Strainer
- A Large Bowl or Very Large Measuring Cup
- Slice or cube the watermelon meat.
- Add it seeds and all, to your blender and pulse until it is liquid.
- Pour it all through a mesh strainer into a bowl or measuring cup.
- Constantly move your spoon back and forth to disperse the pulp so that the juice can flow out through the bottom.
- Discard the pulp and seeds that are left in the strainer and repeat, repeat, repeat until you have made all the juice you want.