Yes, Okra is a southern thing! We end up with lots of it in the summertime. If your family likes pickles, this overnight fridge recipe is a great way to introduce them to okra and maybe even win them over. My husband can’t get enough of these little funny shaped vegetables, as long as they are pickled or roasted. The best part of this recipe is there is no cooking required!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Medium Size Mason Jar
- 1-2 Cups of Okra (leave them raw and whole)
- 2 Tablespoons of salt
- 1.5 Cups of White Vinegar
- 1.5 Cups of Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- ¼ of a Small Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon of Pickling Spice
- ½ Tablespoon of Red Pepper Flake (optional)
- Put a cover on the mason jar and let them sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Keep pickles refrigerated and use within 30 days.