For the fall, I always like to use the fruits in season and plums are a favorite in Romania around this time, along with the apples. I chose this recipe because it reminds me of my grandma and her baking. She is always using fresh fruits from her garden, plums and apples this time of the year. This recipe calls for fresh fruits, but you can also use the ones in a can or jar, you will just have to adjust the sugar quantity.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar – you can add more if you like
- 9 Tablespoons of Butter – melted and cooled
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ lbs Plums – fresh or from a jar. If you like, you can add more
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Wash the plums, remove the seeds, and cut them into cubes
- Mix the eggs and sugar very well. Add the melted and cooled butter.
- Using a mixer, add the dry ingredients (flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder) and mix until it becomes creamy
- Using a spatula, add the plums to the creamy mixture gently so they do not break.
- Line a cake /bread pan with parchment paper and pour the dough in
- Bake it for about 40-45 minutes or longer if needed (I like to do the toothpick test). Let it rest at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes before slicing into it.