For the Chicken
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 ½ Cup Frozen Broccoli Florets (chopped)
- ½ Small Red Onion (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon of Butter
- ¼ Cup Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ Cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup of Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup of Milk
- 2 Cups of Vegetable Oil
For the Cheese Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of butter
- 3 Teaspoon of Flour
- ¾ Cup of Milk
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Clean the chicken by removing any fat or cartridge that the butcher did not catch.
- Pound the chicken out to ¼ inch thick and set aside.
- Start your filling by heating a frying pan on high heat and add your butter and onion.
- Cook for 2 minutes then add your frozen broccoli and garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Continue to cook for 5 minutes, add shredded cheese to the broccoli, turn the heat off and let it cool.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the cooled broccoli mixture and place it in the center of your pounded chicken breast.
- Roll the breast and broccoli mixture together like a burrito, folding in the sides.
- Chill the rolled chicken in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, remove chicken from plastic and make sure chicken is cool but not frozen.
- Place the stuffed chicken in your seasoned flour (salt and pepper) and shake off any excess.
- Then submerge in the egg mixture, then to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken in the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on wire rack or paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Bake for 15 min at 375 degrees F until internal temperature is 165 degrees F
For the Cheese Sauce
- Melt butter in a saucepan on medium heat, add flour and stir together, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir with a whisk to remove any clumps.
- Add the shredded cheese and continue to mix for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This cheese sauce is versatile and can be used on baked potato, nachos etc.