- 2 Filet Mignon Steaks (salted)
- 1/2 Cup of Shallots
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil for Searing
- Seal the steaks with a vacuum sealer machine (some people say that you can use a good ziplock bag. I did not want to take the chance with a baggie so I sealed mine with the machine to protect the steaks).
- Set the Sous Vide in a container or pot. (If using a metal pot as I did, I would suggest moving it to your stove top as it gets hot).
- Turn the Sous Vide to the desired temperature you want the steak to be when you reverse sear it. (If you want a medium/rare set the Sous Vide stick to a temp of 133 degrees F.
- Set the sealed steaks in the container and wait.
- These did not take long to come up to temp, less than 45 minutes. (Keep an eye on the temp but don’t worry you won’t overcook them or dry them out with the Sous Vide method).
- When the stick reads the temperature you set or very close to it.
- Set up your frying pan or grill on a medium high temp, add or brush the olive oil.
- Add the steaks when it is really hot and only keep on for a few minutes on each side. Just long enough to sear.
- Remember to let them rest before serving.