Makes 2 Quarts
- 1- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (enough to coat the bottom of the saucepan)
- 1/4 Cup of Popcorn Kernels
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary (minced fine)
- 1/3 Cup of Parmigiano Reggiano (grated)
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Zest (minced)
- Salt to Taste
- Prepare the rosemary, lemon zest, and the cheese, then set aside.
- Add the butter to a small saucepan and heat on low.
- Add the rosemary to the butter.
- Heat the oil on medium/high heat
- Add in 2-3 popcorn kernels and place the lid on the pan. When those first kernels pop, the oil is ready for you to add the rest.
- Move the pot around by lifting it off the direct heat and by making back and forth motions so that the kernels keep moving until you have popped the entire pan.
- Pour into a large brown paper bag.
- Add in the cheese, salt, and lemon zest.
- Slowly add the butter-rosemary sauce to the popcorn.
- Shake it well.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!