I serve this sauce with Crab Cakes, Turkey Burgers, Spinach Balls, Chicken Tenders and more. This is an easy sauce to make and adjust based on how you prefer the taste. Some people like it a bit more tart and others like it sweeter.
The recipe below is a basic version that will not disappoint, but the fun of this sauce is really experimenting with it until you find your happy place.
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonaise
- 1 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard (Grainy mustard can be used but you may have to adjust other ingredients to gain more sweetness)
- 1 Teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 Teaspoons of Sugar ( Honey may be substituted for sugar)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- If using sugar, let the sauce sit for 30 minutes or more before serving.