In picture one, I tried these with rice paper wrappers and they were good, but the second time I made them I used traditional spring roll wrappers and liked them better.
- 12 -15 Spring Roll Wrappers
- ½ Lb. of Ground Turkey
- ¼ Cup of Mushrooms (chopped)
- 2-3 Green Onions/Scallions (chopped)
- ½ Cup of Diced Cabbage
- 2 Carrots (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon of Oyster or Other Fish Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Fresh Ginger
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Soy Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flake
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- ½ Cup of Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add the turkey meat and cook until no pink color is seen.
- Before the meat is nearly done, add in the garlic to cook for a few minutes until it glistens.
- Remove the turkey mixture from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare the mushrooms, green onion, cabbage, carrots and spices and place in a bowl.
- Add in the cooled turkey mixture.
- Lay out a few of the egg roll wrappers on a dry, clean, surface.
- Fill a tablespoon and drop it on one side of the mixture.
- Roll it tight like you would roll a burrito, being careful to tuck in sides and pinch any openings together. (you do not want the filling to leak out into the oil when frying).
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Place the rolls one at a time in the pan when the oil is ready.
- When browned, remove the rolls with tongs and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Serve with our Chinese Brown Duck Sauce or an Asian chili sauce.