I was at a local coffee shop where they offered gluten-free pumpkin scones and I fell in love. Of course, I had to try making them. So, I put on my baking hat (not really, I look bad in hats) and after a couple of tries, came up with this recipe.
- 1 – 15 oz Can of Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Cups of Bob’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 Cup of White Sugar
- ½ Bag of Dark Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup of Chopped Pecans
- 2 Teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients
- Add whole can of pumpkin and vanilla, stir well- This mixture will be moist
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans
- Spoon 12 mounds on parchment paper covered baking sheet, about one inch apart
- Bake for about 15 minutes, checking as they bake due to oven variables
Note: Will look like biscuits.
You can make these with a cookie scoop, making mini-scones, varying baking times. Because of the gooey dough, therefore they are not cut like traditional scones.