- 3 Peaches (ripe but not soft)
- 1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 of a Cup of Mirin or Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Small Chunk of Fresh Ginger (approximate size of your fingertip)
- Wash and slice the peaches (discard pit)
- Warm the vinegar, mirin, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a pan on the stove. Do not boil it, simply warm it so that the ingredients mix together and dissolve.
- Put the star anise and ginger in a mason jar and add the peaches to it.
- Pour the warm liquid into the jar
- Let it sit for 1 week in the refrigerator before eating
- Will keep for approximately 30 days in the refrigerator