- 2 Lbs. Carrots (peeled and cut)
- 1 Potato (peeled and cut)
- 4 Stalks of Celery (cut)
- 1 Large Onion (cut)
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Ginger Root (diced)
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic (diced)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Half Stick of Butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg (and some more for plating in the bowl)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 cup of Cream
- 2 Quarts of Chicken Stock (for a vegan version substitute vegetable stock)
Can be served with a dollop of sour cream and croutons or a dab of your favorite hot sauce
- Add the butter to a pan and melt over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery and cook until the onion glistens.
- Add the carrots, ginger, garlic and the potato, cook until the carrots glisten.
- Add the stock and cook for 45 minutes or until carrots break apart with a spoon.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until creamy.
- Add the cream, nutmeg, the salt and the pepper.