- 2 Lbs. of Ground Chicken
- ½ of a Small Red Onion (diced)
- ½ Cup of Shredded Carrots
- ½ Cup of Water Chestnuts sliced
- 1 Cup of Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons of Chopped Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons of Ground Fresh Ginger or Ginger Paste
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Head of Bib /Boston Lettuce
- Heat a frying pan with oil on medium/ high heat, add onion and carrots.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic and ginger to the mixture and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken and cook thoroughly for 10 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce and water chestnuts, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce and serve