These gooey sticky buns are perfect for a rainy weekend morning, Enjoy their sweet-savory goodness while sipping on a hot cup of coffee and catching up on the latest news. There is only one warning, if you post on social media, you may hear the doorbell ringing. Your friends may all want to share in your sweet morning moment.
I encourage you to perhaps indulge them all at once and use this recipe as an inspiration for a lovely brunch get together. To accompany the star of the show, with these sticky buns you could make a light Tomato Caprese Frittata, a Spinach Salad with Pear and Bacon, and make your own Easy Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer to accent the “Autumness” of the meal. Yes, we know that is not a real word and I did not mean Awesomeness.” Your friends will love that you pampered them and who doesn’t want a bit of pampering these days?
These rolls must be made a day ahead and placed in the refrigerator to come together properly
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2/3 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Packages of Dry Yeast
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of salt
- 4 and 1/2 Cups of All-purpose Flour
- 1- 1/3 Cups Pecans or Walnuts
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup of Milk
- ½ Teaspoon of Orange Extract
- 1/3 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons of Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Warm milk in the microwave for 1 minute
- Add milk, yeast, and sugar in stand mixer cover with a warm damp towel for 15 min.
- Add butter eggs and salt and mix with the dough hook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour ½ cup at a time on low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Don’t use the extra half cup if it doesn’t need it. The dough should be sticky but not gluey.
- Turn over on floured work surface, knead approximately 15 times.
- Roll into a ball and placed in an oiled bowl to let double in size cover with cling wrap and then with a towel for 3hrs.
- While your dough is proofing let’s toast the pecans lightly in a hot pan (high heat) or oven/ 400 degree/ oven for 2-3min.
- Grease a glass oven-safe dish min of 9″x12″ using butter or nonstick spray.
- Place toasted pecans on the greased dish.
- In a small saucepan combine a stick of butter, milk, syrup, salt, and extract bring to simmer and cook for 5 min on low. Sugar and milk will reduce down.
- Let cool and pour over pecans.
Assembling and Setting
- Dump the proofed bread onto a lightly floured surface and roll dough approximately 9″ x 18″ and should be ¼ thick. Rub softened butter all over the dough, mix sugar and spices together then sprinkle all over the butter.
- Start rolling the pastry from the top-down closer to your body. On last roll pinch together and on pinched end roll flat on that side. Make 12- 14 even cuts and place on top of the pecan mixture.
- Place the parchment paper on top of rolls and cover in cling wrap and refrigerate overnight. Uncover next morning let it come up to room temperature 1-½ hrs and then bake 375 for 30 min. Until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 min and then flip the entire pan of rolls onto a sheet pan lined with parchment. Be very careful the tiniest drop or sugar will burn. Enjoy ….