Rinse the whole chicken in sink/ underwater, (optional). Make sure to remove the giblets (sometimes it comes in a paper bag inside the chicken cavity). Check inside both ends of the chicken for parts and remove and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 365 F.
3. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Rub the softened butter all over the chicken and get under the skin of the breast if you can.
5. Sprinkle on the garlic and onion powder and then the salt and pepper.
6. Tilt chicken up and sprinkle the salt in the cavity of the bird.
7. Lastly, sprinkle the Italian seasoning all over.