It’s pumpkin time! Fall is here and Turkey Day is on its way!
When it comes to pie crusts, I like to make mine with a rustic look. When it comes to pumpkin pie filling, I like mine creamy, rich, and sweet. I will either use canned organic pumpkin OR I will roast and puree my own pumpkin for the filling to my pies.
- 1 1/2 Cups of Fresh Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Can (12 ounces) of Evaporated Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon each: Ground Cloves. Cinnamon and Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Unbaked Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 450*
- In a large bowl combine: pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, flour, salt, and spices. Mix well with a wire whisk and pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then turn oven temperature down to 350* and bake for an additional 40 minutes (or until knife inserted into center comes out clean)
To prevent a burnt crust, place a metal crust ring over the exposed crust before baking. If you do not have one, you can use aluminum foil.